Summer Adventures in Fair Park
Start date: Friday, June 7, 2013
End Date: Sunday, August 18, 2013
Primarily geared to families with kiddos aged five to 13, Summer Adventures will feature 18 acres of rides, games, stage shows, water play pools, fountains and misters. Summer Adventures visitors will be among the first to climb aboard the Top o’ Texas Tower, the new 500-feet ride that is more than twice as tall as the Texas Star ferris wheel, for a panoramic view of downtown Dallas and the metroplex itself. The Texas Skyway will transport revelers from one end of the fun to the other. Visitors can walk through crooked houses, relax in hammocks and enjoy putt-putt golf; entertainment adventures are unlimited.
A Summer Adventures passport will allow explorers to experience The Children’s Aquarium, offering interactive exhibits for friends of sea creatures, while butterflies galore are at one’s fingertips in Texas Discovery Gardens.
Summer Adventures in Fair Park is open Saturdays and Sundays from May 4 through June 2, plus Fridays, May 17, May 24, and May 31, and Memorial Day (Monday, May 27) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The regular operating hours from June 7 through August 18 are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays through mid-August.
The pay-one-price general admission has been reduced to $14.95 for all guests 3 and older. Parking has been reduced to $5 per vehicle.
Sorry, this event ended on Aug. 18, 2013.
- Dear diary: One man's frolic through Summer Adventures at Fair Park
- Parking prices at Fair Park lowered from $15 to $5 this summer
- Photos: Peek inside Summer Adventures in Fair Park
- Video: What to do this weekend in DFW, delivered to you in 90 seconds
- 12 cool-dude things to do with dad (and without) this weekend in DFW, June 13-16
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day