Materials: Hard and Soft
to 5 PM
400 East Hickory Street , Denton, TX
Start date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
End Date: Friday, April 5, 2013
The Greater Denton Arts Council presents the 26th Annual Materials: Hard & Soft National Contemporary Craft Competition and Exhibition.
This exhibition, which has run continuously since 1987, was the idea of local artist, Georgia Leach Gough. The name, Materials: Hard & Soft, refers to the entire range of fine craft. This competition and ensuing exhibition still draws the attention of fans of contemporary craft across the country.
Opening reception is Friday, February 8, 2013, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, recognition of awards at 6:45 pm. To obtain additional information about the exhibit either visit the GDAC’s website, www.dentonarts.com, or call 940-382-2787.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Sorry, this event ended on April 5, 2013.
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer