Ed Ruscha: Made in California
to 5 PM
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd. , Fort Worth, TX
Start date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
End Date: Sunday, September 15, 2013
Known for his images featuring single words suspended in space, Los Angeles-based artist Ed Ruscha (b. 1937) has experimented with a diverse range of media and styles throughout his career. Invited to work at the Tamarind Lithography Workshop in 1969, as he began to gain notoriety for his Pop Art approach, Ruscha embraced lithography as a means to explore recurring themes from his paintings and screenprints.
Ed Ruscha: Made in California showcases lithographs created while working at Tamarind, including his celebrated Hollywood Sign series. Ruscha's career-long interest in printmaking is informed by his experience as an artist and resident of Southern California, which enjoyed a printmaking revival in the 1960s.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Sorry, this event ended on Sept. 15, 2013.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas