Hadar Sobol: Go
to 5 PM
6616 Spring Valley Road , Dallas, TX
Start date: Friday, January 11, 2013
End Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Valley House Gallery is pleased to present our second exhibition of work by Israeli artist Hadar Sobol. For this exhibit titled GO, Sobol fuses the craft of textile with the high aesthetics of fine art in a delicate union of embroidery and drawing. Sobol's GO traces the narrative of a woman's inner voyage. Of this voyage, she poetically writes, "Women seek their way within; one seeks the other, or herself, her mother, her daughter, her home. Persistently walking, wrapped in their thoughts, devoted to their mission, carrying a load, embarked on a journey within." In addition to her delicate textile works, a series of bold mixed media portraits on paper furthers Sobol's depiction of the interior life and exterior presence of women.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 9, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Watch the Academy Awards in style in Dallas
- Cheesy Italian restaurant springs up near the Galleria
- Photos: $900,000 beauty near Tony Romo's house up for grabs
- Review: For a fun night of theatre, Tom Sawyer is a must-see
- Theater review: Isaac’s Eye examines mortality through the perspective of a genius