Robert Jessup: Pictures and Stories
to 5 PM
1626-C Hi Line Drive , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, January 12, 2013
End Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013
Robert Jessup’s recent paintings are born of a studio practice dominated by unrestrained impulsiveness and improvisation. In his small scale paintings and drawings, Jessup attempts to circumvent the studied and controlled approach to figuration while balancing spontaneity and gesture. The marks, strokes, scrapes, jabs, and swipes of paint culminate to invented imagery including portraiture and landscape. The end result is a series of works characterized by a ferocious plasticity, vivid coloration and capricious configurations.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 16, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Naan Sushi in Uptown Dallas closed