Robert Jessup: Pictures and Stories
to 5 PM
1626-C Hi Line Drive , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, January 12, 2013
End Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013
Robert Jessup’s recent paintings are born of a studio practice dominated by unrestrained impulsiveness and improvisation. In his small scale paintings and drawings, Jessup attempts to circumvent the studied and controlled approach to figuration while balancing spontaneity and gesture. The marks, strokes, scrapes, jabs, and swipes of paint culminate to invented imagery including portraiture and landscape. The end result is a series of works characterized by a ferocious plasticity, vivid coloration and capricious configurations.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 16, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas