to 5 PM
161 Glass St. , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, January 19, 2013
End Date: Sunday, March 31, 2013
Los Americanos is a six chaptered reflection on Texas through cinematic metaphor. Curated by Dallas Contemporary's Director, Peter Doroshenko, the exhibition will feature the work of Morehshin Allahyari (Dallas), Joshua Bienko (College Station), Chivas Clem (Paris), Hillary Holsonback (Dallas), Bogdan Perzynski (Austin), and Jason Reed (New Braunfels).
Each artist has been commissioned to create his or her own independent project examining Texas in the past, present, or future. Inspired by the cinematic history of the region, Los Americanos will explore the ephemeral in nature, through various metaphors of identity, travel, culture and consciousness. Los Americanos will be installed inside and outside of Dallas Contemporary.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 31, 2013.
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- Review: Kessler Cookie Company will keep you coming back for more