Off the Wall: Maverick Quilts
to 5 PM
1720 Gendy Street , Fort Worth, TX
$8 - $10
Start date: Friday, January 18, 2013
End Date: Sunday, March 31, 2013
This innovative exhibition from The Quilt Complex is making its debut at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame.
Being independent in thought and action is the hallmark of someone we would label a “maverick,” and is a quality shared by many of our Honorees. This new exhibition underscores that very same quality – in quilts.
Paired alongside a traditional quilt pattern, these “maverick” quilts display an unusual twist on the ordinary, a verve and a gritty individuality rarely found in more studied and self-conscious quilts. On display will be 30 quilts spanning 100 years, from 1850 to 1950.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 31, 2013.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas