Off the Wall: Maverick Quilts
to 5 PM
1720 Gendy Street , Fort Worth, TX
$8 - $10
Start date: Friday, January 18, 2013
End Date: Sunday, March 31, 2013
This innovative exhibition from The Quilt Complex is making its debut at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame.
Being independent in thought and action is the hallmark of someone we would label a “maverick,” and is a quality shared by many of our Honorees. This new exhibition underscores that very same quality – in quilts.
Paired alongside a traditional quilt pattern, these “maverick” quilts display an unusual twist on the ordinary, a verve and a gritty individuality rarely found in more studied and self-conscious quilts. On display will be 30 quilts spanning 100 years, from 1850 to 1950.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 31, 2013.
- Theater review: Experience love, triumph, and failure with In the Heights
- Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
- Art review: Elvis at 21 delves into the puzzling nature of sex appeal, charisma, and intimacy
- Theater review: Stage West's Stones in his Pockets brings high-energy laughs
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth