Rachel McClung-Beer: Edge Echoes
to 9 PM
5001 North MacArthur Boulevard , Irving, TX
Start date: Saturday, January 12, 2013
End Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Retired art professor Rachel McClung-Beer will return to North Lake College (NLC) with her show, Edge Echoes, January 12 through February 13 in the Central Campus Gallery. The college’s first full-time art professor will be welcomed by the community during an Artist Reception, Tuesday, January 29, from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. in the Gallery. Music and refreshments included.
Serving on the DCCCD Planning Team that designed the college campus, Rachel McClung-Beer also helped establish North Lake’s first and only art gallery. Her idea originated after a large mudslide changed the building configuration, leading NLC to create an additional open space next to the Performance Hall. Rachel asked the administration to designate the space “Gallery” on the new set of plans. The rest is art history.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 13, 2013.
- Theater review: Local playwright's Secrets of My Prison House astounds with absurdity
- Flying nerds to battle at national flugtag competition in Las Colinas
- Restaurant review: FM Smokehouse's lean meat fails to impress
- Theater review: All the Rage in Irving is almost all the rage
- Theater review: MainStage Irving puts on a reverberating Bells are Ringing