The Joy Losee Collection: Art and Dress Along the Silk Road
6th Annual Collections Series
to 5 PM
1201 West Mulberry Street , Denton, TX
Start date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
End Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
The UNT Art Gallery presents the 6th annual Collections, Cultures, and Collaborations exhibition, featuring non-western traditional cultural garments from The Joy Losee Collection, recently donated to the Texas Fashion Collection. Garments in this exhibition come from Thailand, Philippines, Korea, Japan, China, India, Turkey, Egypt, Nubia, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.
Pictured: Philippine Dress Ensemble of gold silk and mesh of rengue, a stiff material made from pineapple fiber; photography by Blake Hampton, courtesy of the Texas Fashion Collection.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 9, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer