Chagall: Beyond Color
in Chilton Gallery I
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
$12 - $16
Start date: Sunday, February 17, 2013
End Date: Sunday, May 26, 2013
Chagall: Beyond Color presents the artist’s beloved paintings alongside his works in sculpture, ceramics, and collage to explore his relationship with space and volume. The Dallas Museum of Art is the only U.S. venue, and the co-organizing institution, for this internationally touring exhibition featuring more than 140 objects including paintings, costumes, sketches, ceramics, and sculptures. The centerpiece of the exhibition will be a display of costumes made by Marc Chagall in 1942 for the production of the ballet Aleko, choreographed by Léonide Massine with music by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. The ballet’s première took place in September 1942 in Mexico City, followed by the Ballet Theatre of New York production, and the costumes have not been seen in the U.S. since.
Chagall: Beyond Color is co-organized by La Piscine Museum, Roubaix, France, and the Dallas Museum of Art and will be on view exclusively in these two cities.
A special exhibition ticket is required: $12 to $16
Photo of the exhibit by AP Photo/LM Otero
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on May 26, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day