Chagall: Beyond Color
in Chilton Gallery I
Next date: May 18
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
$12 - $16
Start date: Sunday, February 17, 2013
Ongoing: Until Sunday, May 26, 2013
Next date: Saturday, May 18, 2013
Chagall: Beyond Color presents the artist’s beloved paintings alongside his works in sculpture, ceramics, and collage to explore his relationship with space and volume. The Dallas Museum of Art is the only U.S. venue, and the co-organizing institution, for this internationally touring exhibition featuring more than 140 objects including paintings, costumes, sketches, ceramics, and sculptures. The centerpiece of the exhibition will be a display of costumes made by Marc Chagall in 1942 for the production of the ballet Aleko, choreographed by Léonide Massine with music by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. The ballet’s première took place in September 1942 in Mexico City, followed by the Ballet Theatre of New York production, and the costumes have not been seen in the U.S. since.
Chagall: Beyond Color is co-organized by La Piscine Museum, Roubaix, France, and the Dallas Museum of Art and will be on view exclusively in these two cities.
A special exhibition ticket is required: $12 to $16
Photo of the exhibit by AP Photo/LM Otero
Information from venue
- Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
See more events classified as:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: