Loren Mozley: Structural Integrity
in Focus Gallery II
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Start date: Sunday, February 17, 2013
End Date: Sunday, June 30, 2013
The exhibition will bring together choice works by the Texas modernist Loren Mozley (1905-1989) dating from the late 1930s through the 1970s with the aim of re-visiting Loren Mozley’s oeuvre and revealing his debt to forerunners such as Cézanne, and his responses to modernist trends. Loren Mozley: Structural Integrity is the first retrospective exhibition of the artist’s work since 1978 and will present 18 works from private collections and public institutions.
Within the realm of Texas art, Mozley played a key role in shaping generations of young artists who received instruction from him during his tenure of thirty-seven years (1938-1975) in the art department at the University of Texas, Austin.
The exhibition is organized by The Grace Museum, Abilene, Texas in cooperation with the McKinney Avenue Contemporary.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on June 30, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy