Loren Mozley: Structural Integrity
in Focus Gallery II
Next date: May 19
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Start date: Sunday, February 17, 2013
Ongoing: Until Sunday, June 30, 2013
Next date: Sunday, May 19, 2013
The exhibition will bring together choice works by the Texas modernist Loren Mozley (1905-1989) dating from the late 1930s through the 1970s with the aim of re-visiting Loren Mozley’s oeuvre and revealing his debt to forerunners such as Cézanne, and his responses to modernist trends. Loren Mozley: Structural Integrity is the first retrospective exhibition of the artist’s work since 1978 and will present 18 works from private collections and public institutions.
Within the realm of Texas art, Mozley played a key role in shaping generations of young artists who received instruction from him during his tenure of thirty-seven years (1938-1975) in the art department at the University of Texas, Austin.
The exhibition is organized by The Grace Museum, Abilene, Texas in cooperation with the McKinney Avenue Contemporary.
Information from venue
- Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
See more events classified as:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: