The Civil War in Photographs: New Perspectives from the Robin Stanford Collection
to 5 PM
6404 Robert S. Hyer Lane , Southern Methodist University , Dallas, TX
Start date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
End Date: Friday, March 15, 2013
Over the course of 40 years of collecting, Robin Stanford has amassed an exceptional group of Civil War photographs, numbering in the thousands. The most striking aspect of her collection is not only the sheer quantity of images, mostly stereographs, but the number of rare views by almost unknown photographers and in locations not much documented. For the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War, the DeGolyer Library is displaying the Robin Stanford photograph collection. A book on the collection by curator of photographs Anne E. Peterson, The Civil War in Photographs: New Perspectives from the Robin Stanford Collection, will be available for purchase through the library for $20.00.
Pictured: "Gen. G. W. Lee, Gen. Robert E. Lee, Col. Walter Taylor" by Mathew Brady. ca. 1865, Robin Stanford Collection
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 15, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- New Lower Greenville restaurant HG Sply Co. takes inspiration from Paleo Diet
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center