The Civil War in Photographs: New Perspectives from the Robin Stanford Collection
to 5 PM
6404 Robert S. Hyer Lane , Southern Methodist University , Dallas, TX
Start date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
End Date: Friday, March 15, 2013
Over the course of 40 years of collecting, Robin Stanford has amassed an exceptional group of Civil War photographs, numbering in the thousands. The most striking aspect of her collection is not only the sheer quantity of images, mostly stereographs, but the number of rare views by almost unknown photographers and in locations not much documented. For the sesquicentennial of the American Civil War, the DeGolyer Library is displaying the Robin Stanford photograph collection. A book on the collection by curator of photographs Anne E. Peterson, The Civil War in Photographs: New Perspectives from the Robin Stanford Collection, will be available for purchase through the library for $20.00.
Pictured: "Gen. G. W. Lee, Gen. Robert E. Lee, Col. Walter Taylor" by Mathew Brady. ca. 1865, Robin Stanford Collection
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 15, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Photos: Sarah Jessica Parker shows off fancy footwear Sunday in Dallas
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef