Diamonds and Stillet”O”s
to 8 PM
4123 Cedar Springs Road , Dallas, TX
Start date: Friday, February 8, 2013
End Date: Thursday, February 28, 2013
The ilume Gallerie hosts an opening reception to showcase the color, texture, and beauty of exotic woods sculpturally refined to create the immortalized shoe silhouette, the “Stilletto”. For fifteen years Houston artist Omar Angel Perez has created intrinsically beautiful furniture pieces. Recently with the creation of his signature Stillett"O" creations, the artist’s work epitomizes the notion that sexy sky-high wood forms combined with meticulous carving and veneer work with unconventional mixed-media accents can truly be viewed as a true art form.
As an explorer and traveler jeweler Martha Wilkerson has an eye for authenticity, distinctive design, rich gold, and the brilliant colors reflected in a stone. These modern and classical jewelry pieces are appreciated as art, much like the art market is presently excited about designer Coco Chanel's jewelry and handbags. Coupled with the fact that each piece has its own individual history, its own life.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 28, 2013.
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef