David A. Dreyer: Resonance of Place
to 5 PM
6616 Spring Valley Road , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, February 16, 2013
End Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013
David A. Dreyer was born in Dallas in 1958, and earned his BFA and MFA at Southern Methodist University. He was a recipient of the Moss/Chumley Award from the Meadows Museum and has had solo exhibitions at The McKinney Avenue Contemporary in Dallas and The Grace Museum in Abilene. This is his fourth solo exhibition at Valley House Gallery.
In his essay about Dreyer's work, Philip Van Keuren writes, He distills infinite visual and sensory stimuli he encountered while working in the field into the relatively few interactions present in these works, allowing us to enter, if only in a small way, his original experience of turning those initial observations into another place (the work of art). In this way, we are able to glimpse not just another world, but, much more importantly, his highly personal encounter with and interpretation of that world. The titles alone reveal his personal affinity for what are perhaps the most magical places of the American Southwest and the sense of gravity, distance, space, and solitude those natural landscapes possess.
The exhibition catalogue, with an essay by Philip Van Keuren, will be available.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 16, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Restaurant review: Homemade tortillas are the star at Taqueria La Candelaria
- Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
- UPDATED: Original Pancake House offers free breakfast for blood donors on April 18
- Theater review: Locally written Sons of Bennett is an ambitious, but flawed, effort
- Will the Andersons put their $1.5 million estate on the market after a high-profile split?