Michael Tole: It Was the Body Which Despaired of the Body
to 5 PM
1626-C Hi Line Drive , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, February 23, 2013
End Date: Saturday, March 30, 2013
Seeing the body and its needs as the driving force behind human society, Michael Tole has created a series of figurative paintings that are both literal and conceptual investigations of the world of the flesh. Tole’s paintings are tableaus that exist somewhere between a Jungian subconscious and a lived memory. The figures emerge from the canvas like half materialized apparitions from a digitized dream. The figures in Tole’s work smear across the canvass in time lapsed movement that implies ambiguous narratives in which figures seem to haunt and seduce the viewer, often engaging in indecipherable rituals that alternate between Dionysian indulgence and human brutality.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on March 30, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas