Passage of Memory by Anastasia Gabriel
to 5 PM
1300 Gendy Street , Fort Worth, TX
Start date: Friday, July 12, 2013
End Date: Saturday, August 24, 2013
My most recent work is an installation based on my childhood memories. On a deeper level, the work relates to my father, a nonagenarian whose ability to recall is fading. I blend daydreams, and reality to create a lasting impression of youthfulness. It evokes a visit to my paternal grandparents home during the Monarch butterfly migration.
I express universal ideas with an emotional connection, intimate and personal. Introspection is not easy. I use repetition of form to magnify a bygone moment expressing it as a colorful abstraction. Impressions of the past are interpreted through porcelain to communicate ideas of tradition, fragility, and permanence. -- Anastasia Gabriel
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Aug. 24, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas