Christmas at the Anatole: Sparkle
in the Sculpture Park
to 8 PM
2201 N. Stemmons Fwy. , Dallas, TX
$7 - $9
Start date: Friday, November 29, 2013
End Date: Saturday, January 4, 2014
Beginning Friday, Nov. 29, and continuing until Saturday, Jan. 4, “Sparkle!” at the third annual Christmas at the Anatole celebration, will bring one million Christmas lights, an outdoor skating rink, live entertainment and drop-ins from local celebrities from the Dallas Stars and Dallas Zoo.
An official lighting ceremony will be held Wednesday, Dec. 4, from 5 to 8 p.m., featuring Dallas Stars icon, Mike Modano, and Kidd Kraddick in the Morning deejay, Kellie Rasberry.
Additionally, “Sparkle!” includes a number of special events that are only offered on certain days:
• Special Outdoor skating Rink Events - On Fridays, couples can come out for a special “Date Night-Skate Night” and enjoy a night of skating, music, wine and hors d'oeuvres. In addition, Dallas Stars will offer hockey clinics and make appearances Dec. 14, 21 and 28.
• Live Nightly Musical Performances - Every evening, enjoy live outdoor entertainment from bands such as Dallas Electric String Quartet and Lone Star Attitude. Guests can also expect performances from Turtle Creek Chorale, the Dallas Black Dance Theatre and shows by Texas-area school choirs.
• Bark in the Park - Sunday, Dec. 15, and Sunday, Dec. 29, dog owners can bring their four-legged friend from 1-4 p.m. to participate in a pet costume contest.
Christmas at the Anatole is free to patrons, while “Sparkle!” costs $9 for adults 18 and older; $7 for children ages 7 to 17; and is free of charge for those who are 6 and younger.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 4, 2014.
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015