Monday, December 4, 2006
Lights of Interlochen guidelines
Details of the massive Christmas lights display in the Arlington neighborhood.
The Lights of Interlochen begin Friday, December 15, and continues each night from dusk to 11 p.m. through Christmas Day.
Driving tours through this northwest Arlington neighborhood to see the lights and their reflections on the water have been a holiday tradition for nearly 25 years. It is among the largest holiday light displays in north Texas. More than 200 homeowners participate.
- Fort Worth Community Arts Center
- 1300 Gendy Street, Fort Worth, TX
- Age limit: All ages
The Arlington Police Department provides the following information:
Interlochen Entrance and Exit Routes:
- Motorists should enter the Interlochen neighborhood from Westwood Drive at Randol Mill Road
- From I-30, take the Fielder Road Exit and go south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road and follow it to Westwood Drivel
- From I-30, take the Eastchase Parkway Exit, turn east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive
- All other streets to the Interlochen neighborhood are closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and at Westwood and Crowley. No U-turns are allowed at Westwood and Findlay. Tour buses and limousines will not be allowed on Porto Bello Court
Interlochen Safety Travel Tips:
- Service car engine and fill the gas tank to avoid problems
- Visit during the week. Weekends are the busiest, most traffic-congested days
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be slow
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts and child safety seats
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane open for emergency vehicles and Interlochen homeowners
- Pedestrian traffic is permitted. Roller skating in the street is prohibited by the Arlington Municipal Code
- No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way
Source: City of Arlington