Monday, November 27, 2006
Haggard Middle School students save their mascot with pennies
The "Save the Eagle" penny drive at Haggard Middle School raised over $1,700.
The "Save the Eagle" penny drive at Haggard Middle School raised over $1,700. The cheerleaders and Ms. Hughes couldn't have done it without the support of the wonderful Haggard Students and the entire Haggard community. Not only will HMS be able to purchase a new "Tuffy" mascot, but will also be able to offer a scholarship to a student who may not be able to afford a uniform next year.
Here are the top donations by class: Mrs. Dean raised a total of $10.71 per student, winning a pizza party; Mrs. White raised $8.39/student; Ms. Hughes raised $6.36/student; and Mrs. Perry raised $5.90/student.
Source: Plano ISD
See more stories in:
- Two years after fire, Plano sports bar Austin Avenue will be rebuilt
- Katy Trail Ice House Outpost in Plano is open, with beer specials this week
- Anson Chi of Plano pleads guilty to attempted pipeline bombing
- Theater review: Rover Dramawerks works a darkly manic screwball comedy Wonder of the World
- Theater review: A Little Night Music captivates audiences with the subtly of human emotion