Friday, February 9, 2007
Man wandering on I-35 in Denton is struck and killed
Toyota pickup did the deed; driver will not be charged, though nightmares seem more than likely.
DENTON A guy wandering around on I-35 East in Denton met his inevitable end when he was hit by a Toyota pickup.
The unidentified man was killed early Friday after he was struck while standing in a northbound lane. According to the FWST, a witness called police at about 6 a.m. to report a man walking south in a northbound lane near the exit for Bonnie Brae Street. Then, 15 minutes later, the police, who seem to have taken rather a passive role in this entire affair, were notified that a man had been struck in the left northbound lane near Avenue D, about half a mile south of the first report.
The man died at the scene; the driver of the truck is unlikely to be charged. Northbound I-35E was shut down from 6:25 a.m. to 8:40 a.m., while police finally made their way out to the scene to investigate the man’s death.
Posted by T.G.
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer