Friday, July 27, 2007
Two men crash car through Irving Cici’s Pizza store front
Were they trying to steal the ATM or enact revenge on the claw game? You decide.
At around 4 a.m., two men crashed their truck through the front of a Cici's Pizza in the 3400 block of North Belt Line Road in Irving. They fled when the manager of the location walked out of the back of the store to see what was going on.
Police believe that the men were trying to steal the ATM located near the back of the store. I, however, say, "not so fast police, you could be wrong." I took a crime and punishment course in college, and so in my expert opinion the men were really trying to cheat out the claw game. You can never win at those things. The claw never picks anything up, and if it does, it never makes it to the slot. Maybe for the old jerk standing next to you, but never for you yourself. The constant losing battle of depositing quarters for zero gain and ultimate heartbreak can turn an otherwise harmless individual into a homicidal maniac. The only way you can get those darn stuffed animals and fake alligator strap, gold-painted watches is to take them the hard way. The ATM will nearly always give out money, but that claw game is a bitch. I would steal it, too.
Posted by Erin
See more stories in:
- Theater review: Fools fails to impress despite the quality of actors and designers
- Theater review: Life struggles culminate between two policemen in A Steady Rain
- Orfeh will be special co-host at 14th annual Column Awards Gala
- Theater review: Three southern women turn WWII poster children in The Cover of Life at Irving Arts Center
- DFW Airport gets fancy with III Forks in Terminal D