Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Fort Worth to vote on red light camera company and fines
If all goes as planned, the cameras should be up and operational by November.
Tonight the Fort Worth City Council will vote on the company that is to install cameras at ten intersections in the city. They will also be voting on the fines and procedures that will be used when people are caught hitting the proverbial gas. According to the article in the S-T, a new state law goes into effect on September 1 that will make it more difficult for cities to install these red light cameras, so the Fort Worth CC is making haste to get a decision out before then. If all goes as planned, the cameras should be up and operational by November.
Posted by Erin
See more stories in:
- Theater review: In the Heights is a lovely musical that dives deep into Latino culture
- Theater review: Experience love, triumph, and failure with In the Heights
- Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
- Art review: Elvis at 21 delves into the puzzling nature of sex appeal, charisma, and intimacy
- Theater review: Stage West's Stones in his Pockets brings high-energy laughs