Saturday, March 24, 2007
Grand Prairie ISD chooses finalist to be superintendent
Dr. Susan Simpson is currently the superintendent of White Settlement ISD. She was named Texas Superintendent of the year in 2005.
At a special meeting Saturday morning, the Board of Trustees announced Dr. Susan Simpson as the lone finalist for the position of GPISD Superintendent of Schools. Simpson is currently the superintendent of White Settlement ISD. She was named Texas Superintendent of the year in 2005.
An educator for 24 years and a superintendent the past 13, Simpson began her career as a teacher and coach and served as superintendent in the Chico, Olton and Leverett’s Chapel ISDs.
She has her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from East Texas State University and earned her Ph.D. from Texas A&M University.
By law, the Grand Prairie school board must now wait 21 days before holding the meeting at which a final action or vote is taken on the employment of Simpson. That meeting is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 14.
David Barbosa resigned as Grand Prairie Superintendent this past October.
Source: Grand Prairie ISD
- Big European concert makes its U.S. debut with stop in Grand Prairie
- Theater review: Dreamgirls in Grand Prairie has potential, but isn't a dream
- Concert review: Demi Lovato shares struggles in intimate hometown show
- Pegasus Music Festival features emo-heavy lineup: Brand New and Cold War Kids
- Photos: In DFW show, Backstreet Boys take themselves way too seriously