Thursday, November 15, 2007
Carrollton-based FASTSIGNS donating money and clothing to homeless
FASTSIGNS employees contributed $2,500 and held a donation drive for needed clothing items.
FASTSIGNS will present the Day Resource Center with a check and much needed winter clothing for homeless clients. FASTSIGNS employees contributed $2,500 and held a donation drive for blankets, sheets, clothing, jackets, scarves, socks, underwear and toiletries.
The Day Resource Center offers a wide range of services to the homeless including information and referral, employment and housing assistance, shower and laundry facilities, limited medical services, and other services designed to help homeless individuals return to a stable lifestyle.
Founded in 1985, FASTSIGNS International, Inc. is the worldwide sign and graphics franchisor of FASTSIGNS® sign and graphics centers. The headquarters is located in Carrollton, Texas, and there are over 500 locations in the U.S., Canada, the UK,Mexico, Brazil and Australia (where centers operate under the name SIGNWAVE®).
When: 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 16
Where: Day Resource Center, 901 South Ervay Street (Across from Dallas City Hall)
Who: - Karen Rayzer, Director of Environmental and Health Services
- Justus Bolo and Rubben O. Henderson, Day Resource Center
- Cheri McCall and Jackie Chamberlain, FASTSIGNS
Source: Dallas City Hall
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger