Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Dallas ISD principals receive performance pay
Principals have earned performance pay awards of up to $10,000
DALLAS Dallas Independent School District Superintendent of Schools Michael Hinojosa has announced the recipients of the performance pay for principals.
The principals have earned performance pay awards of up to $10,000 for their successful work in leading their respective campuses and students to a high level of academic performance for the 2006-2007 school year.
“I commend these dedicated principals for their commitment to excellence,” said Michael Hinojosa. “This is the kind of academic performance that will enable us to become the best urban school district by 2010,” he said.
Approved by the Board of Trustees in June 2006, the award is based on having met the Federal Adequate Yearly Progress standard and the district’s five performance indicators. These indicators include the state’s accountability rating and the students’ performance on state and district exams, achievement on TAKS, the graduation rate and on track for graduation at the elementary schools.
Source: Dallas Independent School District
See more stories in:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Review: Taco Wagon's renovation yields sincere "north of the border" style
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day
- Dallas Wind Symphony performs the music of Downton Abbey