Monday, October 8, 2007
Men’s magazine Esquire ranks Fearing’s in Dallas as Restaurant of the Year
Esquire's dining coverage ranks on a par with other well known food publications such as Maxim and Smart Money.
DALLAS Esquire magazine, whose dining coverage ranks on a par with other well known food publications such as Maxim and Smart Money, will pronounce in its upcoming November issue that Fearing's, the new restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton helmed by celebrichef Dean Fearing, is "Restaurant of the Year."
A spokeswoman for the magazine confirmed that Fearing's was atop the annual list of 20 notable restaurants across the country. The full list will be released after an official dinner occurring Monday night at Anthos Restaurant in New York (Other restaurants such as 23Hoyt in Portland, Ore., have also been leaked.)
The annual list is compiled by Esquire critic John Mariani, the operative word being "compiled," as it was reported that Mariani no-showed a preview meal prepared specifically for him in August. Perhaps he crept back into town quietly to evaluate the just-opened restaurant. (It could happen.)
While Esquire may not usually be a go-to source for restaurant advice, it is well known for its annual Dubious Achievement awards and its fondness for lists. Journalists love lists.
Posted by T.G.
See more stories in:
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday