Wednesday, October 10, 2007
TWU music professor prepares for third annual Concert for the Cure
Raise your voices high and your dollars higher: it's for a worthy cause.
Adjunct assistant professor for music Beverly Hoch will host her third annual Concert for the Cure on Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 7:30 p.m. in the Margo Jones Auditorium on the Texas Woman's University campus.
Dubbed "With a Voice of Singing," the concert - highlighted by the soprano vocal stylings of Professor Hoch and backed by no fewer than 60 of her concert choir students in addition to voice faculty - will feature selections from Purcell, Handel, Beach, Rorem, Benedict and Saint-Saens.
Admission to the concert is free, but donations to the Susan G. Komen Foundation are both accepted and encouraged. Professor Hoch is herself a breast cancer survivor and served as honorary chair of the 2006 Komen North Texas Race for the Cure.
For additional information, call 940-898-2500.
posted by JM
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton