Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Free film screening: A Fair To Remember
Watch a cool documentary film about the Texas State Fair from the historic Hall of State in Fair Park.
Filmmakers Allen Mondell and Cynthia Salzman Mondell couldn't have asked for a more appropriate venue: a showing of their spirited documentary on the history the Texas State Fair (held every year since 1886) will be held in the grand art deco Hall of State on the grounds of Fair Park itself.
Better yet: it's free!
The film screens this Saturday (Sept. 8) at 1 p.m.; show up at noon to assure yourself a seat by picking up a free ticket at the door.
You might consider this a State Fair preview - the big event itself kicks off three weeks later on Sept. 28.
See more stories in:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger