Saturday, September 29, 2007
Frisco negotiating with Dallas Stars to expand DrPepper Star Center
The $36 million re-do would include a new escalator, parking garage, and an additional 1,600 seats for a total capacity of 6,000.
FRISCO Frisco plans to expand its DrPepper Star Center into a multi-purpose venue it can use for graduations, concerts, sporting events, and family entertainment.
According to the DBJ, the city council and Frisco Independent School District are negotiating with the Dallas Stars to come up with a private-public project whose $36 million price tag would be funded by a "tax increment financing zone."
They're talking about a total renovation and the addition of 25,000 square feet of space, escalator, 1,000-car parking garage, and 1,600 more seats for a total capacity of 6,000.
Posted by T.G.
- UPDATED: Police located missing 20-year-old Frisco woman
- Restaurant review: Kenny's Smoke House takes a refined approach to barbecue
- DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy
- UPDATED: Collin College in Frisco reopens after three bomb threats
- Photos: Get more bang for your buck in this "cozy" Frisco abode