Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Dallas County residents will vote on Parkland funding in November
If approved, the funds would help build a $1.2 billion new hospital.
DALLAS Parkland Hospital, which has the world's second-busiest delivery room (after one in Mumbai, India), has the region's only burn unit, treats half the trauma cases in Dallas County, and provides indigent care for residents (and neighbors who have the means to get here from other counties) needs updating. At the Dallas County commissioners meeting Tuesday, commissioners approved a $747 million bond package for the November 4 election this year. If passed, the hospital would have 1/4 more beds. The tax rate for a $100,000 home would include $20 to $35 more each year between 2010 and 2014.
posted by ccuellar
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Miley Cyrus' over-sexed persona is hurting concert ticket sales