Thursday, August 21, 2008
Welcome Nastia home at DFW Airport
The gold medal-winning gymnast returns to North Texas, and she's inviting all comers (via her official website) to celebrate on her home turf.
Thursday, Aug. 21 at about 4:15 p.m., Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin will be arriving home from Beijing. Judging by this invitation on her official website, she'd be pleased to have you - "you" being members of the general public - hanging around Terminal B of DFW Airport to welcome her home.
While her hometown parade has been postponed due to the unexpectedly voluminous rain showers experienced over the last several days, folks can still congregate at Gate B35, mill about and crane their necks (if applicable) for a half-hour or so, and then smile and wave (and perhaps even cheer) as the talented young ms. de-boards the aircraft.
I'm betting someone even shows up with flowers, though the blooms are sure to be outnumbered by the camera lenses.
posted by JM
- Small chance of snow in DFW on Monday night
- Video: Tour the 777-300ER -- a plane with personal TVs and desks
- DFW Airport gets fancy with III Forks in Terminal D
- UPDATED: Actress Ashley Olsen's plane grounded in DFW after "electrical odor"
- 7 things you probably didn't know about Twinkies, an American icon