Monday, August 25, 2008 , Updated 4:23 p.m., May 8, 2009
UPDATEDX2: La Calle Doce restaurant in Dallas’ Lakewood district had a fire
It appears to have been mostly smoke damage but very little structural damage.
UPDATE: They're finally reopening on Wednesday May
13 20 with a ribbon-cutting/party.
Dallas Fire-Rescue got it under control in about an hour; the outside of the restaurant had little damage and supposedly there wasn't much structural damage but there was a lot of smoke damage. That's three occurrences of "damage" in one sentence.
An employee said that the Sanchez family, who own La Calle Doce, would fix it and re-open. The Sanchez family were in the news in June when former waiter Edgar "Richie" Acevedo was sentenced to death for kidnapping and murder of Oscar Sanchez in 2005.
Posted by T.G.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Dallas-based Pecan Lodge is Texas Monthly's second-best barbecue joint, sort of