Saturday, August 30, 2008
Plano mega-graffiti artist tops Britain’s Cerne Abbas giant for phallic rudeness
You can't really call this chap a "wag," now can you?
It's a bold statement, without doubt. But what's it trying to say?
Bringing to mind the ancient hillside chalk art of Britain, the administration of Plano ISD recently discovered that some ambitious primitive artist had decided upon the roof of Plano High School as the site of their - um - ode to the grandeur of mankind.
And I do mean MANkind.
According to blogger Streaming John, a WBAP traffic helicopter was the first to spot the (student?) art project. The picture you see in the linked post was apparently taken with a cell phone by the chopper pilot.
Sadly, the artwork was unsigned; thus it's unclear whether the spunky creator will receive the proper credit for his opus.
posted by JM
- Theater review: A Little Night Music captivates audiences with the subtly of human emotion
- Counselors who resigned from Plano middle school reached settlement
- Parents of Plano middle school students may petition district over abrupt resignation of three counselors
- Theatre review: PFamily Arts presents a rich On Golden Pond
- UPDATED: See resignation letters from three Plano middle school counselors who abruptly quit