Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Richest people in the U.S. live in Southlake
Southlake is #1 with a median income of $172,945 per year, while University Park is #7 and Colleyville is #9.
According to new U.S. Census Bureau statistics, residents of Southlake have the highest median household income of any city in the United States, pulling down an average of $172,945 per year. And that's not all -- North Texas claims two other cities in the top ten: University Park at #7 ($151,418/year) and Colleyville at #9 ($148,789/year).
The biggest reason for these cities' placement on the list is that they're mostly comprised of homes only the rich can afford. Other area cities with affluent reputations like Plano and Frisco have more diverse populations, which brings their median income down. I don't know what they're talking about -- I found this great house in Southlake that even I could afford. Of course, you also have this in the same city -- talk about diversity.
Posted by Alex B.
See more stories in:
- Dessert review: Forget swimsuit season and indulge in Milwaukee Joe's Gourmet Ice Cream
- Photos: A glimpse into recently departed Pat Summerall's stunning Southlake home
- Police still searching for escaped felon in Grapevine
- Restaurant review: Tiny Cake Shop Cupcakes will have you begging to turn the car around for more
- UPDATED: Ginger Man to open branch in Southlake
in AugustSeptember 24