Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Allen woman kills husband; son returns home to find body
Kimberly Shanks really wanted to make sure her husband was dead, say Allen police.
While neighbors are quoted as saying there was a bad vibe associated with the Shanks household, none could have expected what happened on Sunday night (Dec. 14) when Kimberly Shanks (whose age is variously given as 51 and 50) allegedly stabbed her husband in the heart with a knife and then went out to the yard to get a landscaping rock to hit him with. The grisly details make it sound as though she really wanted to make sure that her husband, Charles Shanks, 49, was dead.
Kimberly and Charles' son arrived home late Sunday to find his father dead on the kitchen floor, whereupon he called police. Ms. Shanks was arrested and remains in custody.
posted by JM
- Allen's first brewery slated to open mid-2014
- No one injured in Plano house fire Thursday morning
- Bring your Jedi dogs to Petco in Allen for Star Wars party this Saturday
- Allen Performing Arts Center will host Dallas Symphony on September 5
- Restaurant review: Come to Papa Lopez for decent Mexican food, charming atmosphere