Monday, December 29, 2008
Disgruntled Cowboys fan involved in altercation with linebacker Bradie James
1. Act like enough of a loser to get player to attack you; 2. Get free Oakleys in exchange; 3. Celebrate victory.
A Dallas Cowboys fanboy decided, with broken heart in tow, to march back and forth outside Valley Ranch wearing a two-sided sign reading "The Cowboys have no heart" and "Wade Phillips is a embarrassment to the Star." When linebacker Bradie James showed up, he and the man, Alan Lowe of Richland Hills, exchanged words before James reportedly ripped the sign off, breaking Lowe's golf glasses in the process. James eventually went home and brought back a re-gifted pair of Oakleys. Lowe didn't press charges, though he initially intended to.
Meanwhile, it never ceases to amaze me how personally fans take professional sports. I believe a get-a-life and pick-another-team are in order.
I know another local team that played with some heart yesterday, if you're interested.
Posted by Erin
- Theater review: Firehouse Theatre's production of Nunsense was low-energy, mangled nonsense
- Coppell hopeful for dog park by year's end
- 7 things you probably didn't know about Twinkies, an American icon
- One of Texas' Top Ten Most Wanted sex offenders arrested
- Taco Bueno of Farmers Branch looking to find a buyer