Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Dallas Arts District’s Decorazon Gallery accepting submissions for shoe art exhibition
No doubt inspired by the gentleman who damn near hit George W. if it wasn't for his ninja-dodging skills. Say farewell by creating your own art/message on a shoe (or two).
By Flickr user wallyg
In reference to the life that we, the world, have been breathing over the past eight years - thanks to our fine leaders in politics - we would like to salute them and wish them the “best” with a unique fun and participatory farewell gesture exhibition.
Farewell Shoes for Mr. Bush is a shoe art exhibition open to artists of all mediums and from around the globe, who will have an opportunity to express their feelings on a shoe or pair of shoes. Participating artists are encouraged to explore innovative, evocative and genuine creations and to transcend the outside layers of the shoes. Shoes of all sizes (size 10 not required!) materials and provenance will be transformed into expressions of political, visual art, or simply a “farewell”.
The selected entries by the jury would be exhibited at Decorazon Gallery in an installation curated by Hugo Garcia Urrutia and MK Semos, Decorazon Gallery directors.
To participate in this exhibition, the artist’s application package must be received by Decorazon Gallery no later than 6 pm on Friday January 30, 2009. This includes:
- Completed entry form;
- Entry fee of $15 for each entry, no limit per artists. One entry form per every pair of shoes. Shoe pairs with different concept require a separate entry form and fee
- All selected entries would be displayed at the discretion of the curators.
Decorazon's panel of judges will review the received shoes and select those entries that will be part of the Farewell Shoes for Mr. Bush exhibition. Artists whose entries are chosen will be notified by February 2nd, 2009 through email and would be invited to the opening reception on Thursday February 5th, 2009.
We apologize for the limited time to create the entries, judging and installation due to the revealing historical moments that we are facing. For more details, download the complete list of criteria and information and the entry form.
- Sample 150 craft beers from local homebrewers at Oak Cliff's Brew Riot
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her:
- Concert review: Smashing Pumpkins offered veritable one-man show starring Billy Corgan