Monday, February 18, 2008
Counter Culture at Mockingbird Station in Dallas launches Friday night local musician series
The vintage store is giving local bands an opportunity to show off their talent, with any genre of music welcome.
DALLAS Counter Culture at Mockingbird Station is coming on strong this month, with "Music Fridays" taking place every Friday night from 8-10 p.m. Counter Culture is giving local musicians/bands a venue to show off their talent, with any genre of music (from Indie to Metal) welcome. Anyone who's interested can call 214-414-1095 or stop by the store during business hours to sign up.
In addition to Music Fridays, Counter Culture also is featuring local artists of the month. An extension of the "Art" part of Counter Culture's "Art.Fashion.Lifestyle" slogan, this program will spotlight a different local artist each month, with artwork by said artist displayed in Counter Culture's store as well as on its Web site.
All of this coincides with Counter Culture's year-round donation drive event, PROJECT JUXTAPOSITION, and its revamped Web site, which now offers real-time, remotely viewable inventory. So now you can see what's in store before you get there.
Source: Counter Culture
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center