Thursday, January 3, 2008
Arlington hate crime victims refusing to get rid of graffiti
Broderick Gamble and Silk Littlejohn say lack of neighborhood support has led to them leaving the slurs up.
Broderick Gamble and Silk Littlejohn, an Arlington African-American couple who were victimized in a hate crime two weeks ago, are declining to cover up racial slurs that were sprayed on the home they are building in a mostly-white neighborhood. Gamble found the racial slurs sprayed on their garage two days after Littlejohn was assaulted with a two-by-four. Neighbors say they don't condone the graffiti allegedly done by Gamble's next door neighbor, Grace Head, but also say that the time has come to remove the slurs for the good of the community.
Posted by Alex B.
See more stories in:
- Anderson Cooper talks war, being gay and Real Housewives at UT-Arlington
- 11 worst stadium names, in honor of Globe Life Park
- New name for Texas Rangers' ballpark: Globe Life Park in Arlington
- Theater review: Four women go soul-searching in Italy in Enchanted April
- 10 outrageous, totally real things Jerry Jones said in 2013