Thursday, January 17, 2008
AIG moving Dallas headquarters to downtown
Soon, we will no longer be able to direct people to our offices by saying, "Yeah, we're right next door to the flat-looking AIG building off of Walnut Hill Lane."
It's a sad day for us here at Pegasus News World Headquarters. Soon, we will no longer be able to direct people to our offices by saying, "Yeah, we're right next door to the flat-looking AIG building off of Walnut Hill Lane." Why? Because AIG just announced that they're moving their headquarters to downtown Dallas. In my humble opinion, this is a mistake for AIG. For one, Plaza of the Americas is a lame-ass building compared to the one to the right. It's one cool-looking structure that can play tricks on your mind and make you think it's flat.
Secondly, right now they're literally right next door to a DART station. Okay, maybe that argument isn't so great since the Plaza of the Americas is literally right next door to the Pearl station. Well, how 'bout this?: Sure, it may be "convenient" for their clients to stay at the Westin that's part of the Plaza of the Americas complex, but, man, we've got a CVS, Toys 'R Us, and Dave & Buster's close by. Drugs, toys, and video games -- how can you beat that?
You're going to regret this, AIG. Maybe not today, maybe not when you move in 2009, but soon, and for the rest of your life.
Source: Greater Dallas Chamber
See more stories in:
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"
- Is the Bush Center's Decision Points Theater exhibit really a "national scandal?"