Thursday, January 17, 2008 , Updated 9:52 a.m., January 23, 2008
UPDATED: Dallas magician accused of kidnapping Lewisville girl
Incident prompts school district to ban unscheduled visitors while class is in session
LEWISVILLE In an odd story that precludes the obvious joke due to the seriousness of the charges, Dallas magician Daniel Reyes was arrested Wednesday after allegedly kidnapping a nine-year-old Lewisville girl from Creekside Elementary School. Reyes had apparently chosen the girl and three others to be his assistants for a show later in the day, but (and here's where it gets fuzzy) now stands accused by the girl's parents of taking the girl back to his home, videotaping her, and exposing her to sexually explicit behavior.
UPDATE: Effective Tuesday, Lewisville ISD will not allow any unscheduled visitors on campus during school hours.
Posted by Alex B.
- Lewisville resident learned a unique skill during Marine service — liquor distillation
- Theater review: Superior Donuts in Lewisville is smart and consistent
- 1980s pop singer Tiffany, now a mom in her 40s, sings at Vista Ridge Mall
- Pop singer Tiffany will perform at Vista Ridge Mall's food court January 9
- Cobra Brewing Co. opened in Lewisville December 21