Thursday, January 17, 2008 , Updated 9:52 a.m., January 23, 2008
UPDATED: Dallas magician accused of kidnapping Lewisville girl
Incident prompts school district to ban unscheduled visitors while class is in session
LEWISVILLE In an odd story that precludes the obvious joke due to the seriousness of the charges, Dallas magician Daniel Reyes was arrested Wednesday after allegedly kidnapping a nine-year-old Lewisville girl from Creekside Elementary School. Reyes had apparently chosen the girl and three others to be his assistants for a show later in the day, but (and here's where it gets fuzzy) now stands accused by the girl's parents of taking the girl back to his home, videotaping her, and exposing her to sexually explicit behavior.
UPDATE: Effective Tuesday, Lewisville ISD will not allow any unscheduled visitors on campus during school hours.
Posted by Alex B.
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- Country artists Casey Donahew and Randy Rogers to headline Lewisville Western Days
- Tamale eating competition returns to Lewisville's Western Days festival
- "Freedom Writer" Darrius Garrett will sign memoir in Lewisville
- Witness helped police arrest man accused of stealing drugs from Walgreens