Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Fort Worth American Legion post being sued for overserving a party guest
... and for letting her drive away in a state of inebriation.
South Fort Worth American Legion Post No. 569 is being sued by Amy Hooten, mother of Danielle Hooten, who was 18 years old at the time she was killed when the car she occupied was struck by a reveler leaving a birthday party held at the post.
That guest - Alisia Padilla - blew an 0.24 on the blood alcohol tester after the crash, which occurred only about a block from the scene of the drinking.
posted by JM
- New wine and tapas bar called Sera will open in Fort Worth
- Theater review: Trinity Shakespeare Festival tackles The Bard's Julius Caesar elegantly
- Theater review: Trinity Shakespeare Festival adds new twist to an old story in The Taming of the Shrew
- Texas country musician Hudson Moore to perform on TCU campus Tuesday
- Former Miss America offers hope, encouragement for TCU students struggling with body issues