Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Dallas lawyer foils prisoner’s courthouse escape attempt
Peter Schulte ran for sheriff and serves as a reserve police officer. Looks like he knows how to handle criminals.
When Melvin Wayne Richardson, 35 - a felony defendant standing trial at the Frank Crowley Courts Building - punched his escorting bailiff in the face and made a run for it, attorney Peter Schulte tackled him before he could get very far.
Turns out Schulte ran for Dallas County sheriff on the Democratic ticket earlier this year, and in addition to being a lawyer, he currently serves as a reserve officer for the Murphy PD.
Bailiff Nancy Beggs was treated for her injuries at Baylor Hospital.
posted by JM
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Bite City Grill expected to open in Fort Worth's West Seventh district this month
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- See new Toadies documentary Monday at the Kessler