Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Dallas lawyer foils prisoner’s courthouse escape attempt
Peter Schulte ran for sheriff and serves as a reserve police officer. Looks like he knows how to handle criminals.
When Melvin Wayne Richardson, 35 - a felony defendant standing trial at the Frank Crowley Courts Building - punched his escorting bailiff in the face and made a run for it, attorney Peter Schulte tackled him before he could get very far.
Turns out Schulte ran for Dallas County sheriff on the Democratic ticket earlier this year, and in addition to being a lawyer, he currently serves as a reserve officer for the Murphy PD.
Bailiff Nancy Beggs was treated for her injuries at Baylor Hospital.
posted by JM
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday