Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Dallas lawyer foils prisoner’s courthouse escape attempt
Peter Schulte ran for sheriff and serves as a reserve police officer. Looks like he knows how to handle criminals.
When Melvin Wayne Richardson, 35 - a felony defendant standing trial at the Frank Crowley Courts Building - punched his escorting bailiff in the face and made a run for it, attorney Peter Schulte tackled him before he could get very far.
Turns out Schulte ran for Dallas County sheriff on the Democratic ticket earlier this year, and in addition to being a lawyer, he currently serves as a reserve officer for the Murphy PD.
Bailiff Nancy Beggs was treated for her injuries at Baylor Hospital.
posted by JM
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day