Monday, July 21, 2008
Murphy City Council to consider cell phone ban, road rerouting
The connection of S. Maxwell Creek Road to S. McCreary Road would be convenient, but would also displace people out of 3-4 homes.
The Murphy City Council, in addition to more mundane items such as talking about fence regulations and insurance for city employees, will join the Metroplex parade at tonight's meeting and
most likely pass discuss a ban on handheld cell phone in city school zones.
They'll also debate the option of connecting S. Maxwell Creek Road with S. McCreary Road, which is all well and good except for the fact that doing so would probably cut across three or four properties. I think you better leave that one alone, Murphy City Council.
See more stories in:
- Four-story screen at Wylie's new movie theater ranks among largest in nation
- Investigation finds Hunt Elementary coach emailed student three years prior to arrest
- Southfork's "Ewing Sunset Dinner" lets you love like J.R. and Sue Ellen
- Zig Ziglar's memorial service on Saturday will be streamed live online
- Plano ISD hosts more parent meetings in response to Hunt Elementary sexual assault