Thursday, July 31, 2008
Top Chef veteran Casey Thompson leaves Dallas’ Shinsei restaurant
She's um "exploring a variety of culinary opportunities."
Casey Thompson, veteran of Bravo TV's Top Chef reality show, has left her position as chef at Shinsei restaurant.
Quoting her release:
"My years as executive chef of Shinsei have been a wonderful experience. At this time, I am currently exploring a variety of culinary opportunities. I appreciate the opportunities provided to me at Shinsei and wish them all of the best for the future."
Shinsei co-owner Tracy Rathbun said that she and co-owner Lynae Fearing could not be more proud of Thompson.
"When you get on Top Chef, you get offered lots of opportunities," Rathbun said. "In order to pursue those, it's hard to be focused as executive chef. But she has an incredible future."
Posted by T.G.
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"
- Scardello cheese monger divulges complex edge and flavor behind sheep's milk cheeses