Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Cosmic Cafe, vegetarian restaurant on Oak Lawn in Dallas, re-opens Wednesday after fire
Refurbished space includes extra room for tango dance classes.
A server at the restaurant confirmed that repairs to the building were complete, including rebuilding and re-painting the back area where the bathrooms and server stand are located. A new room was also added on the second floor "for dancing," the server said.
"[Owner] Praveen Sachdev is planning on offering tango classes," she said.
Most employees stuck through the three-month closure, and the restaurant was already fielding a lot of calls since re-opening this morning. "I think it’s going to get pretty busy," the server said.
- Video: The Dram Bar Manager Jasin Burt divulges recipe for Smoking Herb Cocktail
- Erykah Badu headlines free July 26 concert in Dallas -- if you can get in
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reins as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed