Wednesday, November 12, 2008
North Texans plan two protests against California gay marriage ban
Thousands of people will gather across the nation to protest California's Proposition 8, a constitutional amendment that will likely repeal the legal marriages of thousands of gay couples in that state.
This weekend, thousands upon thousands of people of all stripes will gather at designated sites across the nation in order to protest the inevitable passage of California's Proposition 8, a constitutional amendment that will likely repeal the legal marriages of thousands of gay couples in that state.
There are two events of this kind in North Texas, so take your pick and show up to one or the other. The time for silence is over. It's time to stand up and fight for our rights and the rights of our family, friends, and neighbors.
Pegasus News Content partner - North Texas Liberal
- Jazz band Snarky Puppy returns to DFW this week for first time since Grammy
- Mike Modano launched new craft beer in Denton
- Undead apply here: Electric Zombie Run seeks racers and zombies
- Theater review: The Color Purple at Denton Community Theatre lacks depth and direction
- Sky's the limit: Denton planetarium caters to young audiences this summer