Monday, November 24, 2008
Martini Park at Shops at Legacy in Plano is closed down
Restaurant-bar had an aggressive door policy complete with muscled goons.
DALLAS Martini Park, the restaurant-bar at the Shops at Legacy, is closed, as scooped by Nancy N. No one's answering the phone during business hours and an anonymous email confirmed that the place was shut down.
This seems rather surprising and abrupt since the place had holiday events on their schedule, and since they never seemed to lack for business, although it was mostly business of the drinky kind rather than the eating kind.
Another surprising thing about this is that other places opening in the Shops at Legacy are doing very well, such as RA Sushi and Gordon Biersch Brewery. Maybe the customers who previously went to Martini Park have moved on to those places instead?
Some people -- people who got rejected at the door -- might see this as karma, since they had a pretty aggressive and belittling door policy, with muscled goons who wouldn't let you in if you had on sneakers. Muscled goons who themselves occasionally wore sneakers. Now it's nice to see an establishment set a standard and strive for a classy atmosphere, but even if you were well-kempt in every other way, if you had on sneakers, you didn't get in. Bet they'd take customers with sneakers now.
Posted by T.G.
- UPDATED: Police located missing 20-year-old Frisco woman
- Restaurant review: Kenny's Smoke House takes a refined approach to barbecue
- DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy
- Theater review: A Little Night Music captivates audiences with the subtly of human emotion
- Photos: Get more bang for your buck in this "cozy" Frisco abode