Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Pulcinella Ristorante on Henderson Avenue in Dallas closed down
And the number at the original location in Katy, Texas has been disconnected.
DALLAS Pulcinella Ristorante, a pizza place in the Shops on Henderson center on Henderson Avenue at Capitol, shut down on Saturday.
Owner Dwight Sellars could not be reached, but a representative from landlord Andres Properties was seen at the center on Monday, informing other tenants including Veritas Wine Room, Sushi Axiom, and Natsumi Frozen Yogurt that the space was officially vacant and that a search was on to find a replacement.
Pulcinella was an offshoot of a restaurant of the same name that Sellars opened in Katy in 2006. The Dallas branch reflected a considerable investment including the installation of a wood-burning oven and significant training of the staff. However, the restaurant was in an area already heavily saturated with pizza places all with their own loyal followings, including Louie's, Fireside Pies, and Campania.
Although the phone was still operating at the Dallas branch, the number at the Katy location was disconnected.
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her:
- Dallas-based Pecan Lodge is Texas Monthly's second-best barbecue joint, sort of