Saturday, September 27, 2008
City of Farmers Branch being sued by Dallas law firm for legal fees
... to the tune of $480,000, resulting from the anti-illegal immigration case the city lost in court this summer.
The Dallas law firm of Bickel and Brewer is suing the City of Farmers Branch for $480,000 in attorney fees and expenses resulting from the case that city lost in U.S. District Court attempting to impose a ban on illegal immigrants renting apartments or houses in their fair city.
Maybe the city leaders should pass a new bill forbidding anyone from suing them.
posted by JM
- Dallas yogis stretch to live dubstep at "Glow-ga" rave
- No game: Dallas has the second lowest amount of sex in the U.S.
- Theater review: Firehouse Theatre's production of Nunsense was low-energy, mangled nonsense
- Man gets life term for killing 10-year-old in Carrollton
- R.L. Turner students back in class after bomb scare